Monday, February 01, 2010

February 1, 2010

Wow, it’s still weird for me to see 2010 when I write the date and now it’s already February! Time really is flying, I am loving life here where I am and we have had a very good work week. I was glad to hear that everything is going well with the family. I can tell that our family is being very blessed.

President Hacking called the other day to see how all was going. He said he knew I had a lot on my plate but that we were doing a good job and to keep working. He also said that they are planning to put in the first councilor as Branch President the first week in March. That is so exciting. I have one month left being Branch President which is good. It’s been such a learning experience and so far I feel like we have done a lot but at the end of the day these people are the ones to take charge. I know that there are only 3 branches right now but I hope and pray someday down the road that there will be a Barranca Stake. I would love to come back to Colombia to attend the first stake conference.

It was a very good week here in the Lord’s work. This was the first week with my new comp. He is very outgoing and bold when he teaches and contacts etc. Elder M is excited to work hard and talk to everyone and invite them to listen to us. So I can tell it is going to be a great help to have a motivated companion.

We found 19 new investigators this week and although it’s a given that not all (or many) will progress, I have faith that there are some "elect" in there and we will keep looking for the rest. We have a challenge in the mission to read the Book of Mormon before March so lately I have kicked it into high gear because I was behind but it’s been great and I keep learning tons every time.

We are now settled in to the new house and have spent the last few days getting to know all the neighbors. We have found a few investigators among them. We are set with AC in the study room and bedroom which is always great and we have a fridge, ironing board, stove and sandwich cooker.

Lately, I have been making crepes just like the ones we have at home. We found some maple syrup at the store and so we have been eating delicious crepes for breakfast. There is also a little cement soccer court by our house so we have been going in the mornings to jump and do exercise etc. I’m actually the same weight I was when I started the mission.

Sunday we had a great day in church. The good thing is that every week church is improving and the organizations are now working. They are planning their own activities and the classes and meetings are spiritual. This week I decided to visit the youth Sunday school and it was a good class. Yes, the same teenage kids actually listened to their teacher and had the spirit there and learned. I really love the people here. I am very confident that some of the new people that we are going to be bringing to church will be able to feel the spirit now and be able to progress.

Today for P day we went to David and Shirley’s and had a little barbecue and ate mashed potatoes and just rested. Tonight, it’s back to work - we have a family home evening and it’s off to start another good week of work.

I love you family, I am always grateful for your support. You’re always in my prayers. You said the young women sent a package several months ago, but it has never arrived so I hope that it was not stolen.
I will talk to ya next week, with mucho amor, Elder Barnard

No comments: