Monday, February 22, 2010

BYU Provo Acceptance

Well fam, it’s been another very good week here in Colombia. We have worked very hard this week and it turned out very well.

As I said in the last letter we set a high goal to teach 35 total lessons during the week. It was tough but last night we managed to finish and taught number 35. It’s really cool to see how good goals can help you manage your time and focus on important things. We spent every free second last week looking for ways to help and teach people. It really helped us use ALL of our time working hard for the Lord, which at the end of the day is a very rewarding feeling even if all the people don’t progress.

As far as our investigators, we are about in the same situation. S and J, the two kids, are preparing for their baptism next Saturday and are already attending seminary every night with the other kids and seem to be very excited. Their dad always tells us yes when we talk to him but it is hard to follow through. Working with them should help him progress little by little.

Saturday we had a branch activity that was kind of a walking trip with the Relief Society (they planned it). Everyone met at the church at about 6 and walked to a place outside of town with activities planned and a restaurant etc. It turned out well. The branch unity has really improved tremendously.

I have learned a ton serving as the Branch President. I already said this but the Lord really has blessed me and helped me. There are always new difficulties and problems and trials that the members have and ask you to help them with. You never know when someone is going to call with a problem in their family or come in to talk with you. But it’s amazing how the Lord has helped me to know what to say to people and help them out.

Tuesday night President Hacking called me at about 10 P.M. which was a surprise and said "Want some good news? I just received an e-mail from your parents. You got accepted to BYU." I really have been blessed. I guess I will now have to give it some thought and prayer and see which college I should choose, but right now I’m leaning towards BYU. It seems to be a really good college and I would have plenty of friends that I have made in the mish that have encouraged me to go there. I know that it’s a great environment.

Well sorry if this is short but I am out of time. We are working hard and life is going great here. I love you lots and you’re always in my prayers. Any advice or extra info about studies is welcome. Thanks for everything. Till next week, Elder Barnard

No comments: