Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke

Luke Benjamin Bates is one of a kind. He is now five years old. I remember when he was born on October 25, 2003. Bruce, Will and I travelled to Rexburg, Id. and were fortunate enough to be present at the hospital when he was born. What a special experience. He was a cute little blond haired baby. I knew that he was going to be a boy because I was with Angie when she had a sonogram. She and Ben did not want to know, but I did. Angie agreed that I could find out if I kept it quiet, so the technician told me. It was very hard to keep it a secret for the remaining months. I do not want to do that again. Anyway, Angie and Ben were shocked when he turned out to be a boy. They really thought that they were having a girl. He was their third child - Cameryn, Jesse and then Luke.

He is all boy. He loves everything his Dad does. Ben owns his own business and once in awhile he will let Luke go with him to work. He loves watching the crews work and the big machines around the work site. Of course, Ben watches him very carefully. He is a sweet brother to his three siblings. He is very solicitous and kind with his baby sister, Caroline. He helps her with a lot of things. He loves to play with Jesse and Cameryn. We love you Luke.

Here are some pictures of our birthday boy.







No comments: