Monday, February 09, 2009

Stung by a Wasp

February 9, 2009

Halo family,
All is well here in Bucaramanga. I can’t believe how fast these last few weeks have been going. It feels like P day comes, I wake up the next day and its Thursday; I wake up the next day and its P day again. I love it here in Bucaramanga.

We have continued working with Angelica and Isabel and have also found a young couple who seems to be interested. There are also two other ladies who really like the gospel message. This week we taught a ton of lessons and started teaching a lot of new people so hopefully some of them will end up being some of "the elect".

My new companion is a very, very good teacher and we work well together.

That’s sad to hear about Elder Wilson. (He got Dengue Fever but is recovering okay). All the Elders in my group at the MTC got to be really close and this is the first news that I’ve heard of him. He is in the other mission, the Barranquilla Mission. It’s in the Northern part of Colombia and the coastal area. I have heard that their mission has more jungle crazy parts like that, and the cities are all ridiculously hot. As far as my mission, I don’t think there are parts that have big problems with mosquitoes etc. like they have there. Here in Bucaramanga I haven’t been bitten by any mosquitoes yet.

Some random cool stuff that happened this week. The other day we were walking down the street to go to an appointment and we saw some little kid throwing rocks at a tree and laughing. As we walked under the tree I felt like something was shocking my hand and out of impulse I dropped my bag and there was an avisp (I think in English it’s like a wasp) stinging my hand. I flicked it off and it started chasing us down the street. We had to run like 50 feet to lose it. Ha-ha but no worries, we were close to the house of Marta and Jose (our converts) so we stopped by there and I washed my hand. It only left a tiny bump which is already gone.

Also yesterday we were walking by one of the barrios that is a little lower class, and there were two teenagers having a knife fight. One would jab at the other and then back away and then the other would do it. Ha all the people just walked outside and stood there like they wanted to watch, but one guy called the police. By the time they showed up the kids had already ran off.

But to close, everything is going well, despite that stuff. I really feel like we are protected and I know as long as we’re doing what we should, we will be fine. I realize things I have been blessed with at home and here that I should have been more grateful for everyday. I see how much the Lord has blessed our family. Tell grandma happy bday and I hope everything is good at home. I
love you all and will talk to you next p day.

Love Will

I had to laugh at the thought of Will, at 6'3" and his companion, at 4'9" running down the street together to get away from the wasp. It would have been a funny sight.

No comments: