Monday, January 12, 2009

Baptisms Tomorrow

Will has now been in Colombia for two months. I can't believe how fast the time is going. We received a shorter e-mail today due to computer problems.

January 12, 2009

Hola Familia,
Well wow, I just typed a long email and when I sent it something messed up with the computer so it’s lost. Haha I’ll try to quickly re-type some of what I wrote.

This was a long week with lots of time in the street doing contacts and knocking on doors. We found another very good family. They said that they were looking for something to help their family and are very interested. They went to church on Sunday.

The papers were not ready fast enough for Marta and Jose to get married on Saturday, so it will be tomorrow. Ha they will get married at 5:30 and baptized at 7:00. They are very happy. Usually all the baptisms are on a Saturday so that we can collaborate with everyone else who has baptisms.

We find out about transfers tonight and chances are my companion is going to get transferred and leave Wednesday. He really wanted to see them get married and baptized so that should work out okay. It’s been great to see how much they have changed and been blessed through the gospel already.

One thing I thought of for the people we baptize, or other church members, is if I had little signs or pictures or something of Wyoming to give them. I think that would be a cool little remembrance.

It usually doesn’t rain very hard here and when it does we just keep going, ha I haven’t used my umbrella or rain coat yet.

The Spanish just keeps coming, you don’t really notice it changing, but then one day you look back several weeks and realize how much better it is. By now I have realized that I basically understand everything that is said. I feel very comfortable in conversing with everyone. We have really been blessed.

I'm glad that you have set up a blog page for me. That will be a good way to keep in touch with people. I was going to send pictures but I used all my time writing the other email that is now lost, sorry this is so short but I'm running out of time and I really have to go.

Thanks for everything - sorry I couldn’t write more but I'll talk to you next week.

Much love, Elder Barnard

No comments: