Monday, August 02, 2010

August 2, 2010

As it gets closer to seeing you, I feel less like spending time writing letters but here is the weekly report of another good week in Bucaramanga. Please don't take that as a trunky comment, I feel very untrunky and we are going as hard as ever and the spirit is very strong. But it’s inevitable and all the missionaries and ward members like to constantly remind me how soon I will be home. Actually I may only have one weekly letter left after this one depending on what they do with us.

This was a very good week. We finished the zone leader conference in Bogotá, it was a very good meeting held in the visitors center of the temple. It was nice to see big old Bogotá again and I felt pretty cold. I can’t imagine how dry Utah and Wyoming will feel.

After the conference, those of us who are traveling went to McDonalds and I got myself a nice quarter pounder with cheese and fries. McDonalds is actually funny here, the food is the same but they make it seem like a fancy thing and basically only rich people eat there. After that we went to the terminal and headed out on another all night bus ride back. I tried about every possible position to sleep that you can on a bus but without much luck. We got home at about 6 am, took a quick nap and then had district meeting.

Elder Mura and Elder Romero both know quite a bit of English so we did the meeting in English by their request. I spoke a little about the restoration in English and it was pretty awkward trying to talk about the gospel in English. I have found that when I try to talk more formally or about specific topics it’s pretty weird.

Anyway the week went great. I did divisions with Central and worked there with Elder Romero. They were struggling a lot to find investigators but we worked like crazy and we invited 7 people to be baptized and all accepted.

The Garcia family is doing great. We taught them with the Bishop. Marta and Stefani are very decided about baptism. Noe the dad is still a little unsure but he is progressing slowly but surely and continues with his goal for the 14th.

Also you may remember N. She is showing a lot of progress and starting to seem more like a member of the church and less like an evangelic. She always goes to church etc and is just waiting because she has to have an interview with president Hacking first. He should be here next week. She is reading the BoM like crazy, going to church weekly and even invites her friends to come. She bore a nice testimony yesterday in Sacrament meeting.

Today for Pday we got the zone together and gave out the cool zone t Shirts we had made. They look like the Bucaramanga soccer team jersey but they say “Terrazas Zone.” And there is a little 26 for the new baptism record and all our names on the back. They turned out really well. Then we played a little soccer and Bball and Elder Moen, Butler and I went and ate lunch at the mall here.

The sports pass sounds great and I’m sure it will work out just fine. Mom asked about the other missionaries in our group. Those of us traveling together will be me, Elder Moen - Idaho, Elder Lee - Utah, Elder Smith - Utah, Elder Larsen - Houston TX. So by the time you see us it will just be Elder Lee, Elder Smith and me.

Family I want you to know that I know this is the true church and I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I have had the blessing to read and search the book of Mormon and pray about it many, many times and I know that it is true. I think we may be the most blessed people in this whole world if you really think about it. I’m so thankful and happy for the experience my mission has been and the great way the Lord has blessed me to be able to end. Have a great week and I will talk to ya next time. Love Will.

No comments: