Monday, April 06, 2009

Probable Transfers








Hola querida familia,
Things are going great here in Bucaramanga. Sounds like hectic times there but all the travel sounds cool. That is awesome about the trip to Europe, what cities are you going to see? This has been a busy week but again a very good one.

We had interviews with the president. Went on companionship interchange with the assistants and of course conference. The interviews went very well, and after President Camargo told me that I was going to be leaving for another area. Ha, he said he had already done the transfers and he didn’t remember where I was going but he thought Bogotá, but we will find out tonight.

The conference was very cool. The first two Saturday sessions we watched in Spanish in the terrazas chapel. It was cool because I was able to understand everything they said, but it’s just not the same as hearing president Monson or Uchtdorfs voice. For the priesthood session they had a TV set up in the chapel with English so we watched that in English. The talks by the first presidency were amazing, I loved Presidente Uchtdorfs talk about the little light in the airplane. Sunday morning we watched the first session in English again and right as the second one started the power went out. It was kind of funny because in the English room were Elder Lee, Wagstaff and I, and a few Colombianos who served missions in the states or who learned from gringo companions so we sat there for a while and they practiced English with us. The power came back with about half an hour left so we will have to wait for the Liahona to read what was said.

They really talked a lot about the economic problems. This was a total surprise to me. What is happening in our country? And what is it that is causing the problems? If you could tell me in the next letter because I really am out of it as far as what’s going on there.

Today for PDay I spent most of the time getting my suitcase ready and I've got about two thirds packed so I won’t be up all night on Tuesday. Ha, I don’t think I have ever packed before the last possible second in my whole life for basketball camps and trips. I guess that’s because of the mission.


Bueno to the questions. I have plenty of space in my email inbox but I do delete lots of the letters so I hope you keep saving them. The mail here tends to come in big piles about once a month or once every three weeks so when I get stuff there is usually quite a lot but they have been arriving just fine, only slow. I’m about out of time but they call pretty late with the transfers.

Thanks for everything family. Much love and keep on being happy and healthy.

No comments: